Version 18.03 is here with lots of bug fixes and the following two new features.
Using SVG images to Select Choices
You can use this feature in both webforms and in fieldTask. The image needs to be a Scaler Vector Graphic (SVG) which is drawn using mathematical functions rather than being composed of pixels like in a photograph. This means that the image can be enlarged to any size without becoming fuzzy. To use an SVG image to select choices you need to:
- Create your SVG file or get an existing one.
- When you click on a region in your SVG editor it should show the “id” and allow you to edit that. Set the ids to the name of the choices in your select list.
- Attach the SVG file as an image on the select question
- Set the appearance of the select question to “image-map”.
Yes Finally a new reporting page. This can be accessed from the Analysis module by clicking on the menu item “reports”. On this new reports page you will find a link to the old page (in case you are still using that).
How to use
Add reports by clicking the “Add Report” menu item. You can specify a name for the report as well as parameters include filters, date range, split select multiples and languages. This will create an entry for the report in the table containing:
- The name of the survey
- A name that you have given the report
- An anonymous link. You can send this link to anyone so that they can access the report. No logon or account or password would be required. This link does allow the recipient to change any aspect of the report. Hence if you had set a data filter or a specific date range that cannot be changed.
- An button that has available 3 actions:
- Generate. Runs the report to download the data.
- Edit. Allows you to change any aspect of the report. Someone who has received an anonymous link for the report would see these changes the next time they accessed that link.
- Delete. Will delete the report.
- Only the new XLSX format report is supported. Other types such as images, shape files will be added progressively and as requested.
- Support for security roles in the anonymous link have not been added yet
Contact me if you need any of this missing functionality urgently.