Hex grids can be specified with a required size and boundary for the area of interest. You can then specify that data in a map panel is grouped by the hex grid.
Hex grids are defined in Administration:
- Select Administration and then Monitoring
- Select “Show as Map”
- Press the “Create Grid” button.
Fill in the details for the hex grid
- Make sure the name has no spaces and is in lower case
- Use the mouse to select the center one cell in the grid
- Also use the mouse to select the boundaries of the grid by pressing the shift key
- Make sure the cell width is reasonable relative to the overall grid size or it will take a long time to generate the grid
The resulting hex grid will look something like this: