This release contains mainly bug fixes and minor improvements. There was one major bug related to the pooling of database connections. Fortunately this didn’t cause any problems on the hosted servers as I had not enabled pooling. But if you installed the server yourself, where it is enabled by default,then you may have noticed some issues. I strongly recommend that you upgrade to this latest release. http://smap-suite.googlecode.com/files/smap_13_05_01.tgz
Other changes include:
- You can assign a task where the location is described as a polygon rather than just a point.
- “Relevance” was not working on repeating groups. Now it does.
- I removed the Twitter panel from the dashboard.
- Audio files are played in the media player. At least it works for AMR files.
- Address items can be added to a new task. These items are selectable from an existing survey. Hence if you are doing follow up surveys you can include data from the original survey to guide the user to the right location.
- The addresses of tasks can be printed, and address items can be set to be barcodes. Hence the enumerator can get the barcode from the address in order to link the new survey to the old survey.