Announcing another “Product” from Smap. These products consist of form templates for and instructions on how to set them up on a Smap server to address a specific objective. Or at least start to address that objective as you will want to customise the forms to suit your needs.
The accountability product includes 2 forms the first of which is a feedback form that can be completed on a mobile phone or in a web browser. The second is an oversight form that is attached to the feedback form and that can then be used to record actions taken in response to the feedback.
The feedback form is just a standard form that can be completed in the fieldTask application on a phone or tablet as well as in web-forms in a browser. If you were taking feedback in a call centre then you would presumably use web-forms. Alternatively if you were in a remote location without data connectivity then you would probably use fieldTask.
The oversight form has the following data entry fields:
- Responsible person. A text field to enter who is responsible for processing the feedback.
- This has the same name as the priority question in the feedback form and hence it shows the same value. The priority can however be changed from the value initially set in the feedback form.
- Translation of Feedback. This is a text question that is linked to the feedback description set in the feedback form.
- Transcription of the issue statement. The manager can play the audio statement and type the text into the text field.
- Image labels. The labels shown were generated automatically by Amazon Rekognition. However they can then be manually modified by the user.
- Date of any action taken
You can download a zip file containing this product and a PDF with instructions from the Smap Products web page.
This product has 3 sample forms that can be used to complete a process. The process steps are:
- A person is registered as a new patient or as a returning patient in which case their details can be reviewed and updated.
- The doctor sees the patient, reviews their history and provides a consultation during which they may prescribe some medications.
- A nurse dispenses the medications prescribed by the doctor.
Each of the process participants has their own device on which notifications will appear. Hence the doctor will get a notification when a patient has been registered. This notification will appear on their phone or tablet as a list entry with the patient’s name on it. When the doctor is ready to see the patient, then they can select the patient’s name to see their details and record the new consultation.
View of doctors tablet
The registration person is the only one who needs to select the empty form which has a yellow icon like a clipboard. The nurse and the doctor will get forms pre-populated with patient data. These will show as a white clipboard icon.
This product consists of a downloadable zip file containing 3 forms, CSV file and a PDF with instructions on how to set it up.
- register.xlsx. A form to register new patients and update the details of existing patients.
- doctor.xlsx. A form for the doctor to record details of their session with the patient.
- dispense.xlsx. A form for recording medications dispensed.
- medication.csv. A CSV file with a list of medications that is used by the doctor and dispense forms.
- medicalClinicsProduct.pdf. A PDF with instructions on how to set up the product.
Head to the Smap Products web page to download.
The forms, and indeed the process, will need to be modified to suit your needs. They are just the starting point and the doctor form in particular will require many more questions to be added. The forms can be edited with the XLSForm editor from odk. Documentation on this is available here. However there are a number of extensions to this editor that have been added by Smap in order to support using forms in a process. These are documented in the instructions that are included with the downloadable ZIP file. You will also of course need to set up appropriate security if recording sensitive information.