This product has 3 sample forms that can be used to complete a process. The process steps are:
- A person is registered as a new patient or as a returning patient in which case their details can be reviewed and updated.
- The doctor sees the patient, reviews their history and provides a consultation during which they may prescribe some medications.
- A nurse dispenses the medications prescribed by the doctor.
Each of the process participants has their own device on which notifications will appear. Hence the doctor will get a notification when a patient has been registered. This notification will appear on their phone or tablet as a list entry with the patient’s name on it. When the doctor is ready to see the patient, then they can select the patient’s name to see their details and record the new consultation.
View of doctors tablet
The registration person is the only one who needs to select the empty form which has a yellow icon like a clipboard. The nurse and the doctor will get forms pre-populated with patient data. These will show as a white clipboard icon.
This product consists of a downloadable zip file containing 3 forms, CSV file and a PDF with instructions on how to set it up.
- register.xlsx. A form to register new patients and update the details of existing patients.
- doctor.xlsx. A form for the doctor to record details of their session with the patient.
- dispense.xlsx. A form for recording medications dispensed.
- medication.csv. A CSV file with a list of medications that is used by the doctor and dispense forms.
- medicalClinicsProduct.pdf. A PDF with instructions on how to set up the product.
Head to the Smap Products web page to download.
The forms, and indeed the process, will need to be modified to suit your needs. They are just the starting point and the doctor form in particular will require many more questions to be added. The forms can be edited with the XLSForm editor from odk. Documentation on this is available here. However there are a number of extensions to this editor that have been added by Smap in order to support using forms in a process. These are documented in the instructions that are included with the downloadable ZIP file. You will also of course need to set up appropriate security if recording sensitive information.
Version 18.03 is here with lots of bug fixes and the following two new features.
Using SVG images to Select Choices
Selecting Choices by clicking on an SVG image in fieldTask
You can use this feature in both webforms and in fieldTask. The image needs to be a Scaler Vector Graphic (SVG) which is drawn using mathematical functions rather than being composed of pixels like in a photograph. This means that the image can be enlarged to any size without becoming fuzzy. To use an SVG image to select choices you need to:
- Create your SVG file or get an existing one.
- When you click on a region in your SVG editor it should show the “id” and allow you to edit that. Set the ids to the name of the choices in your select list.
- Attach the SVG file as an image on the select question
- Set the appearance of the select question to “image-map”.
To try this out you can download the sample survey from here. Also download the sample SVG file (which I sourced from Wikipedia) and load both of them onto your server.
Yes Finally a new reporting page. This can be accessed from the Analysis module by clicking on the menu item “reports”. On this new reports page you will find a link to the old page (in case you are still using that).
How to use
Add reports by clicking the “Add Report” menu item. You can specify a name for the report as well as parameters include filters, date range, split select multiples and languages. This will create an entry for the report in the table containing:
- The name of the survey
- A name that you have given the report
- An anonymous link. You can send this link to anyone so that they can access the report. No logon or account or password would be required. This link does allow the recipient to change any aspect of the report. Hence if you had set a data filter or a specific date range that cannot be changed.
- An button that has available 3 actions:
- Generate. Runs the report to download the data.
- Edit. Allows you to change any aspect of the report. Someone who has received an anonymous link for the report would see these changes the next time they accessed that link.
- Delete. Will delete the report.
- Only the new XLSX format report is supported. Other types such as images, shape files will be added progressively and as requested.
- Support for security roles in the anonymous link have not been added yet
Contact me if you need any of this missing functionality urgently.