Dashboard panels are now only viewable by the user that created them. No more sharing! The concept of sharing all dashboard panels worked reasonably well when a project team was working collaboratively on a project. But there were still issues, for example when a team member wanted to do some experimentation with graphs. However there were significant problems during workshops when 30 odd people were creating and deleting panels independently and the system was trying to keep all of the panels in sync. So I came to the conclusion that no-sharing is better than sharing everything. If anyone has any ideas on how to introduce some managed sharing back in to the dashboard panels let me know.
You can now specify address fields from the previous survey in follow up tasks. See picture below:
fieldTask works a little differently. The menu option “get new forms” now goes direct to the server. If you want to delete forms or data from the phone you will need to select “delete forms” from the main menu.
- More informative error messages when uploading templates
- Surveys can be set in settings to automatically upload when they have been completed (with odk1.3)
- In settings you can specify the use of forward and next buttons instead of swiping (with odk1.3)
- Vertices of polygon questions are now shown on map panels. Apart from allowing the user to look at question responses on each point of the polygon the display of these points make it easier to find small polygons on the map. (This one for Mark)
- The usual assortment of bug fixes